When you're a kid, the seasons feel so long and clearly defined. Summers last forever and consist of fireworks and flip flops, days swimming at the beach or running through the sprinkler. Then fall comes in with back to school shopping, and you switch from your stretched out summer tees to those crisp, nearly chafing jeans and a new bookbag.
As an adult, the seasons (and years!) are more fluid. These days I'm constantly wondering "is it summer or fall?" A couple days ago it was sundresses and now I'm scrounging around my closet for long sleeves. Not ready for full harvest season yet, I added the flower to keep a last piece of summer alive.
This has been my simple go-to outfit for the chillier days of the last few weeks, though can't say I've paired flapper hair with riding boots until now. Perhaps counter-intuitively, but wearing the exact same outfit twice feels like a challenge to me - it never looks quite right the second time around and time gets wasted trying to achieve it - so I switch up the accessories.
Until this year I'd never worn the ''modern classic'' leggings/boots combo; it just never appealed. Not sure when the switch happened...probably the first time I tried it on. There's a reason it's my go-to outfit lately. Nothing is cozier and simpler to do.
The pendant is my favorite part of this otherwise basic outfit. It's also my nieces favorite - wearing it around them, I couldn't get more than a foot away without an extra 40 pounds attached to my neck, playing with the tassels and giggling like mad. At least I'm not the only one.
What I'm Wearing
Tops - Mossimo long sleeve and No Boundaries tank, layered
Pants - Danskin
Boots - Thrifted (no label)
Bag - Aphorism
Headband - Handmade
Pendant - Thrifted








No comments :
Post a Comment