9.25.2014

Paris

Having a focused creative endeavor really gets my imagination pumped. It's been awhile since I've been unable to sleep due to planning my next artistic move. I love grabbing hold of an idea and pulling, stretching, and shaping it into being. Planning an outfit is similar to taking the photograph itself - a little lighter here, a little darker there. Less open space up top, more color or texture on the bottom. I strive for perfect balance in the final ensemble. 

Finery and Madness | Vintage French café style in black and red with romantic Paris themed skirt, Aphorism bag, and delicate gold necklace

In many circles, modern French fashion (minimal, effortless, timelessly chic) is it. Yet I can't say I gravitate toward that particular style; I much prefer the opulent, femme, café-under-the-stars look (like this enchanting Zaz song).

The piano in the dining room was a perfect backdrop for my Paris/Eiffel Tower skirt. To be clear, the piano really is just a prop - the extent of my talent was playing Greensleeves about seven years ago. The beautiful thing about dressing up is that you can become whoever you chose for the day. I don't have to be a pianist to appreciate running my fingers along the keys, or the discordant sound it makes when you lean in for a picture.



Finery and Madness | Romantic Paris and Eiffel Tower themed full vintage skirt with sequins

Finery and Madness | Romantic vintage French café style with delicate gold chain necklace

Finery and Madness | Playing the piano in vintage French café style with romantic Paris themed skirt

Finery and Madness | Sophisticated burgundy and gold Aphorism handbag with both handles and purse strap

Finery and Madness | Paris themed photoshoot, playing the piano

Finery and Madness | Vintage French café style in black and red with romantic Paris and Eiffel Tower themed skirt

Finery and Madness | Romantic vintage red leather belt with ornate brass buckle

Finery and Madness | Vintage French café style in black and red with romantic Paris and Eiffel Tower full circle skirt

Finery and Madness | Romantic Paris and Eiffel Tower themed full vintage skirt with sequins

Unfortunately I don't remember who made this beautiful skirt. It was too long so I shortened it at the waist, cutting out the tag in the process. Lesson learned; now that I'm doing this blog I'll have to make note not to do it again. It really is a piece of art.

What I'm wearing

Skirt - Thrifted (no tag)
Blouse - Sirens
Bag - Aphorism
Belt - Thrifted (no tag)
Necklace - JC Penny
Bracelet - Yard sale

No comments :

Post a Comment